The user home page - developed with the vision to support all our users with a page dedicated to providing a complete overview of their current and upcoming learning activities, all the important updates in one place and a simpler way to navigate between different concepts.
Placed as the very first link at the top of the sidebar, there’s a lot that users are able to do with the home page.
As of now, with the possibility of further improvements in the future, the home page offers the following main sections:
The drop-down comes with the following options:
In addition, please note that whenever you have a new invitation, you will always see it at the very top of the home page, for your review. This notification should be present only until you have viewed the invitation(s), as seen below:
Working with the tiles is easy and intuitive:
Each tile is clickable and takes you to that particular concept. However, each tile also displays some quick updates or facts related to that concept which helps the user with a quick overview. Users can read the update and decide to take an action immediately or later, as needed.
Examples (depending on your subscriptions to different concepts):
- Elearning tile will always display a list of all your ongoing content. It will also mark for you if any of the content has deadlines approaching so that you can be informed about it in advance.
- The groups tile will always display if any new content was added to any of your groups.
- Events tile always features notifications on any upcoming events or any signup deadlines that may be approaching.
- Communities tile posts a clear list of recent updates in all your communities that you can just go through without having to go inside each community for the respective updates. The link - Show recent updates opens a list of all the related updates in all your communities. You can then access which ever community you would like to open and explore more, directly from within this list as well.
- Organizations tile displays notifications regarding addition of any new groups or content to a particular organization that you participate/facilitate in.
- News is again a tile that will take you any new news articles that have been posted that you should want to read up on since your last login session. Again this module is also based on whether your learning academy has opted for it or not.
Navigation with the tiles:
Each clickable tile takes users to a page with all the sub-elements related to that concept. So for example, clicking the elearning tile opens the respective page:
The page has a navigation path shown on the very top left. Clicking the drop-down next to elearning, will help users navigate to any other concept directly, without the need to go all the way back to their home page.
We hope that the home page is helpful in providing our users with the most important set of information and keeping the learners aware of all the updates in one place, every time they login to the platform.