A group is a way to create a subset of users with all the group users having access to the exact same content. A group can be simply an independent group at the academy level or it can be a part of an organization.
Groups allow a dedicated space for content sharing and follow-up with members belonging to a particular group.
Creating new groups
If the concept of groups is enabled at the academy level, they can be created from the left side menu using the 'Create' option.
Note that groups can also be created with 3 different types of privacy settings:
Here is an example showing the basic layout of a group as visible to the group admin/facilitator:
Different user roles available within groups
- Group administrator
- Group facilitator
- Group participant
- A group administrator has the possibility to:
- Change the settings in the group
- Invite users to the group
- Add available content to the group
- Follow-up users within the group in the people tab
- Delete groups
- Archive groups
- Download reports - Basic and detailed reports
- A group facilitator can do all the above apart from changing any settings.
- A group participant can participate in what they are invited to.
Sharing options for content available related to groups
There are different sharing options to a group for content created in the academy:
- Anything shared in the catalog will be available in all groups
- There is possibility to share specific content to a specific group or all groups
- If the group belongs to an organization the group will have access to an available subscription
An important point to note is that if a group has been added to an organization, then the administrator of that organization will have the possibility to:
- Add available content to groups within that organization
- Follow up users in that group through the people tab